View this post on Instagram
TIPS FROM COACH MATT:
- The puck should be at the side of your body; in line w/ your toes.
- Make sure the puck is away from your body and not too close.
- Start with the weight of your body on the foot furthest from your stick blade (left foot if right-handed and vice versa)
- Get your hands away from your body and begin to apply pressure with your bottom hand to flex your stick downward.
- While switching your feet (finish on the foot closest to your stick blade – right foot if right-handed and vice versa), allow your stick to “pop” or release.
- Keep your eyes on the target & follow through by pointing the blade of yours tick at your target.
When shooting, players need to practice accuracy, quickness, power, and deceptiveness. Remember: eyes on target + short follow through.
Get the HPC XV3 Hockey Stick (used in video)
Need tape, laces, wax and more? Join https://HockeyPlayersClub.com and skip the pro shop premium!
Need some tips on taping your stick? Check out the Ultimate Guide to Taping Your Hockey Stick
CONNECT WITH US ONLINE:
Follow us on Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter